Thursday, March 7, 2013

Yoda Hat

Finally finished the Yoda hat! I must say I am quite pleased with the outcome.




This is the pattern I used for the ears, more or less. (Tangled Threads and Random Thoughts: Crocheted Yoda Hat/Cap) The only change I made was that on the decrease rows I was using single crochet, but on the normal rows, I used half double crochet. I found that it gave the ear a more pleasing length.

I know that the pattern for the hat itself was found online, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. So I'm going to reproduce it here, but please, if you know the author of this pattern, let me know who it is so I can give credit where credit is due.

I have it marked in my notebook as "Infant Hat"

R1) ch 4. join as a ring. 11dc into ring. slst tog

R2) slst btwn next two sts. ch3 dc into same spot. 2dc ea space betwn sts around. (24sts) slst to top of ch3

R3) slst btwn next 2sts. ch3 dc in same spot. (1dc, 2dc) around btwn ea st. slst to top of ch 3

R4-R12) slst btwn next two sts. ch3. dc btwn ea st around. join with slst to top of ch 3

R13) rev sc around btwn ea st. fasten off and weave in end.

I can't wait to show my customer! I'm sure she'll be super geeked to finally try this on her new baby girl.


*update*
My customer la-la-loved the hat! I'm so pleased. She's already taken pics of it and posted to facebook. I can't wait for her to have her baby so I can see it worn.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Rae, Your hat came out perfect! Thank you for sharing my pattern link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! The mother loved it too, and the baby looks just adorable in it.

      Delete