Sunday, November 11, 2012

Poppy Bobby Pin - Veteran's Day

I decided to look up a crochet poppy pattern since it's Veteran's Day.

I found this one (Poppy Brooch). Although it doesn't have a clear cut pattern for the center, I was able to fudge one by making five puff stitches in a circle.


Make 2.
Ch 6. Slip stitch into first stitch to form a ring.
24 single crochet into ring.
Single crochet into each single crochet, increasing every other stitch to get 36 stitches.
1 ch [1 single crochet, 1 double crochet, 7 treble, 1 double crochet 1 slip stitch] 3 times with last slip stitch into 1st ch.
Fasten off.
Join the two pieces.


So the pattern I used for the center: chain 6, then sl st tog to make a circle. then 5 puff stitches into the circle. Fasten off.

And when I sewed it all together, and added my bobby pin, this is what it looks like:

(crappy cell phone pic)

So happy Veteran's Day. And if you are a veteran, please accept my sincerest thanks for serving your country and helping to maintain my freedom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment