Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I know it's been a while.....

I'm having a very hard time in my life right now. The stress is starting to get at me.

But I'm still doing crochet.
Crochet makes me happy.
Crochet, and the smile on my little boy's face. Even when he's being a butt.

I'm trying to bust out this afghan I promised my mother-in-law for Christmas. As it is, I have about 18 hours into it, and about five or six left to go.

It's a pretty simple ripple afghan, but I'm doing blocks of color instead of stripes. The ends have 4 rows of cream, 4 rows of white, then it switches to the main color, which is a nice grey tweed.

The pattern is pretty simple. I got it online, and if you google "Ripple afghan" it should be the first link. The author of the pattern doesn't allow mass sharing, though, so I can't link it.

The blanket is working up very nicely too. My mother-in-law has seen it in progress, and she thinks it's beautiful.

I really hope to have it done this week or next, but I'm really not sure of a time frame. I started the blanket in late spring, then our air conditioner broke and the summer was so very hot it was uncomfortable to work with. So I just picked it up again last week..... after my husband reminded me that it was November already, and almost December at that.

I hope to be able to share pictures soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment