Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another Autumn post

I love this time of year, the smells, the crispness in the air, the colors. Autumn is my second favourite season, next to Spring.

I wrote this poem a while ago as a challenge in an online group. I hope you enjoy it.


Autumn Thoughts


I sit below the tree and think
Of ancient lives and ancient times.
I sit and count the leaves as they fall.
A coverlet of ruddy hues
That turn to brown
And crumble to dust
As Winter makes her call.

I fly above the trees and hills.
I fill them with my wind.
I blow the leaves from off the trees:
A cloud of red and gold and brown
That swirl a bit
And float away.
My Autum-nary gown.

I finally feel my time is gone,
My playfulness dwindles.
My sister comes to take the night.
Her frosty breath does touch the land.
It freezes all.
It numbs the earth.
Winter is at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment